A New Smile with Cosmetic Dentistry
Not every issue that affects your smile is an immediate threat to its health. For instance, stains can appear even on healthy teeth, marring their appearance and sometimes making them appear less than healthy. You might also have chipped a tooth when you were younger that, until now, has not caused any serious problems. Cosmetic dentistry improves your smile by focusing on its esthetic aspects, allowing you to regain your confidence in smiling with one or a choice of minimally-invasive treatments.
From Touch-ups to Smile MakeoversThere are several ways in which your smile’s appearance can be affected, each with its own unique set of concerns. Teeth stains that appear on the surface can usually be erased with a custom, take-home teeth-whitening treatment, while discoloration from within a tooth can be more complicated to address. Besides the color of your teeth, other issues that can affect your smile and confidence include;
- Teeth that are slightly out of alignment or have been injured
- One or more teeth that appear too small or too large
- Teeth that have too much space between them
- Excessive wear that changes the shape of your teeth
- Teeth whitening
- Cosmetic tooth bonding or contouring
- One or several porcelain veneers.