Expert Care in a Dental Emergency
With planning, preparation, and diligent preventative dental care, you can avoid many of the more common issues that can afflict your dental health. Sometimes, however, you may be faced with a dental emergency that you were not prepared for, and that requires immediate attention. As part of our dedication to helping you maintain your excellent dental health, we offer same-day and after-hour appointments to help you through any dental emergency.
What is Your Emergency?
Though a dental emergency can mean a variety of things to different people, most involve an immediate threat of damage or infection to your teeth, gum tissues, or other oral structures. Common dental emergencies include (but are not limited to);
- A knocked out tooth (also called an avulsed tooth)
- A partially-avulsed tooth (meaning it is barely hanging on)
- Damage to your tooth’s structure (i.e., cracks, fractures, and complete breaks)
- Painful swelling in your gums or other oral tissues
- An abscess, or pocket of infection, forms on your tooth’s root (which can cause severe, debilitating discomfort)
- Sudden, severe tooth pain
- And more
If you experience an emergency, then call our office immediately to schedule a visit as soon as possible. If your tooth suffers significant damage, or if you lose one or more of them, then we can recommend an appropriate treatment to restore your smile.