Reinvent Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are exceptionally thin “shells” of dental porcelain, or ceramic, that are artistically crafted to mimic the appearance of healthy, natural teeth. Each veneer is designed to the unique specifications (i.e., size, shape, color, and shade) of one of your teeth, and is then permanently bonded to the prepared tooth’s front surface. Using one or more porcelain veneers, Dr. Crouch can offer comprehensive cosmetic smile improvement in as little as two visits.
What Porcelain Veneers Can Do
The way porcelain veneers are applied allows them to completely transform your smile with minimal work, making veneers an effective solution for a large number of different cosmetic concerns. Their benefits depend on the nature of your smile’s issues, but porcelain veneers are often recommended for patients who need to improve;
- Teeth with severe and/or internal stains (intrinsic staining, or discoloration)
- A smile marred by chipped teeth, or teeth that have been excessively worn down
- The appearance of a diastema (too much space between two teeth)
- Teeth that appear too small, too large, or slightly misshapen
- Crooked teeth, provided they are not so misaligned that they require orthodontic correction
After determining that veneers are right for you, we will carefully prepare and measure the appropriate teeth, then send a mold of your mouth to a trusted dental lab. After a skilled technician crafts your veneers, we can permanently bond them to your teeth to create your new smile during your next visit.